We do collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances, so please read on for more details about how we use personal information we collect about you when you use the DF Online Services.
1. What Kind Of Information We Collect
Whether accessing the DF Online Services from your home computer or any other device, Donuts Factory and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual, such as your:
- name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- username and password (for account administration).
- device ID, including IP address and geo-location.
- financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us in the course of order processing, if such service is applicable).
- additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events; and if you are applying for a license or employment.
In addition, we may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual.
2. Use of the Collected Personal Information
- respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements.
- create and deliver personalized promotions.
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, facsimile, e-mail and SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts.
- process your purchase and use of our products and services.
- develop our business, to enhance, improve or modify the DF Online Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities.
3. Disclosing Collected Personal Information
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Donuts Factory system, except in the following circumstances.
- Service Providers: We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
- Affiliates: We may disclose personal Information to our affiliates, for marketing purposes, and to be consistent with our goal of providing our customers with the superior product and custumer experience that they have come to expect from Donuts Factory.
- Performing Services You Request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials any of our social media tools. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to whom you send communications through the DF Online Services and programs.
- Licensing or Franchise Applications
We may disclose the personal information you submit on a license or franchise application to our business units, agents, parent company, third parties as part of our consideration of that application and to help conduct our marketing efforts.
4. Managing Your Account Information
You can visit the account section of the DF Online Services website to manage and correct any factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you.
5. Use And Disclosing of Other Collected Information
We generally use Other Information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Other Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your Dunkin’ Donuts account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately through the Contact Us information provided below.
6. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer browser directories to store your information about your use of the Online Services and your activities online. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
If you do not wish to receive Cookies or wish to manage when you accept Cookies in general, you may set your browser to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept our Cookies, if you set your browser to reject Cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Online Services. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new Cookie, or how to disable Cookies altogether. If you block or otherwise reject our Cookies, you may lose some of the functionality of our site.
7. Online Advertising
In addition, we and our ad management partners may use these Data Collection Technologies to track the actions of users of the DF Online Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on the DF Online Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience on the DF Online Services.
If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements, please follow the instructions atwww.aboutads.info/choices , or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ . An “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. If you delete Cookies on your device generally, you will need to opt-out again.
Please note that when you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based advertisements, this does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from us. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your particular interests.
In addition, please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Technologies on our online. When we use the term “Data Collection Technologies” we are referring to any technology that collects information about your use of our online services, and potentially about your activities when you leave the Services and visit other sites on the Internet.
8. Social Networking & Third Party Sites
9. Children’s Online Privacy
We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (12). When a user discloses personal information on our online services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least twelve (12) years old. If a child under the age of twelve (12) years has provided us with personally identifiable information through our online services, we will delete the child’s information from our records.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at: